Join us on day three of Homeless Day on the Hill for a TweetChat!
Click here for other virtual events happening for #MCHDOTH
- Date: Thursday, March 11, 2021
- Time: 12:00pm – 1:00pm
- 12:00pm – 12:30pm = advocates answer our prepared questions
- 12:30pm – 1:00pm = lawmakers answer our prepared questions
- Location: Twitter @MNHomelessCo
- Contact for more info or to confirm: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will chat with organizations, advocates, and state and local lawmakers on Twitter about the need to expand emergency shelter beds to ensure no one has to sleep outside, invest in programs that cultivate long-term stability, and guarantee everyone in our community has a permanent place to call home.
What is a TweetChat?
A TweetChat is a meeting/gathering on Twitter to discuss a common topic. The chat will last one hour; the first half-hour will be advocates sharing answers to the questions below, and the second half-hour will be lawmakers answering prepared questions that you can interact with. MCH will post a question every ten minutes for you and/or your organization to interact with. We will post the questions using Q1 (question 1), Q2, Q3, and you respond using A1 (answer 1), A2, A3. You are encouraged to respond, retweet, share, and favorite the discussions happening over the hour.
12:00pm – 12:30pm TweetChat Questions for advocates:
- Q1: Why do you advocate for MCH’s Shelter Capital investment that will expand and preserve temporary housing options like emergency shelters? #mnleg #MCHDOTH
- Q2: The Emergency Service Program (ESP) allows organizations & communities to meet the needs of ppl experiencing homelessness w/ funding that supports operations, staffing, & resources to support families, individuals, & seniors. Why do you support ESP? #mnleg #MCHDOTH
- Q3: What does homelessness look like in your community? What is something you’d like ppl to know about homelessness or housing insecurity? #mnleg #MCHDOTH
We will post the questions for lawmakers promptly at 12:30pm.
Confirmed state and local lawmakers:
- Representative Mike Howard District 50A – @mikehowardmn (chief author)
- Representative Kaohly Her District 64A – @kaohlyvangher (chief author)
- Hennepin County Commissioner Chris Latondresse @HennepinD6
- Ramsey County Commissioner Trista MatasCastillo @TristaMatas
- TweetChat Co-Hosts:
Contact for more info or to confirm: email@example.com