The 2023 Homeless Day on the Hill will be in-person and take place on Wednesday, March 8, 2023 @ 8:00 AM at Central Presbyterian Church (500 Cedar St, Saint Paul, MN 55101). You can click here to register.
MCH will attempt to schedule visits with lawmakers based on legislative districts. You are able to attend if you did not register in advance but we ask that you register by end-of-day Monday, February 27th, to ensure we have time to schedule your lawmaker visit. Legislative visits are subject to lawmaker availability. Deadline to guarantee a Homeless Day on the Hill T-shirt was February 13th but there will be a limited amount of them available in the Registration Room.
The address you list when you register will be used to schedule lawmaker visits. If registering participants from your organization who reside at a different address, please assist them in filling out an additional registration.
Doors will open at Central Presbyterian Church @ 8:00am with a program starting at 9:00am. At 10:00am, we will make our way to the Capitol (75 Rev Dr Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard., St Paul, MN 55155) for advocates to meet with their lawmakers.
You can check out the 2023 MCH Policy Agenda here.
Helpful Information for Homeless Day on the Hill
- You can go to Central Presbyterian’s website (https://centralforgood.org/directions) for parking options but keep in mind that anytime it mentions free parking, that does NOT apply for Homeless DOTH. Address is 500 Cedar St, Saint Paul, MN 55101
- If you will be parking near the State Capitol, you can go to https://mn.gov/admin/citizen/buildings-grounds/parking/ for parking options
- Public Transit – If you’re riding the Green Line, the church is right next to the 10th St. stop and the stop nearest the State Office Building is the Capitol/Rice St Station stop
When you arrive to Central Presbyterian Church between 8-9am, you will go to the Friendship Room (registration area) and you will receive a packet with information that includes the below items. If you skip going to Central Presbyterian (not recommended) and go straight to the Capitol, you can get the information in rooms 500N & 500S of the State Office Building:
- A complete listing of lawmaker visits so check out the website, Who Represents Me? so you know who your lawmakers are. There will also be a spreadsheet that is updated in real time on the main page of www.mnhomelesscoalition.org and it is important that you check this frequently during DOTH
- Supporting materials to make your lawmaker visits run smoothly, such as “Guidelines for Your Lawmaker Visit” and informational handouts going over the 2023 MCH Policy Agenda
- Information about our generous sponsors
- A map of the Capitol Grounds. Meetings with Representatives will be in the State Office Building (labeled State Office on the map) and meetings with Senators will be in the Senate Building (labeled MN Senate on the map)
- A T-shirt in order for lawmakers to know we are at the Capitol for Homeless Day on the Hill. T-shirts are based on availability unless you registered by February 13th.
Starting promptly at 9am (at Central Presbyterian) there will be a program that includes the following speakers:
- Lawmakers that have been champions for homelessness
- The Governor and/or the Lieutenant Governor (subject to change based on their availability)
- Advocates that are leading efforts towards ending homelessness
Lawmaker Visits – MCH attempts to schedule these between 10:30-4:30pm but some lawmakers require meeting before or after this timeframe
- MCH will schedule lawmakers visits for you (one meeting per district so you will be with a group of advocates). This includes BOTH your Representative and your Senator. You will get approximately 15 minutes (some may be a bit longer) for each meeting
- MCH strongly encourages you to utilize the Guidelines for Your Lawmaker Visit in order to help your visit have maximum impact.
- Throughout the day, you can go to room 500N and 500S in the State Office Building to relax, participate in an action and wait for your lawmaker visits. There will be MCH staff and volunteers in these rooms as well
Thank you so much to our incredible sponsors, without whom’s support Homeless Day on the Hill would not be possible!