Housing is celebrating a HUGE WIN at the legislature.
With our champion lawmakers, hardworking team, and advocates like you, Homes for All secured $90M in affordable housing! Additionally, coalition partners secured $30M for mental health crisis centers. We could not have done it without you.
In the next two weeks, we await the Governor’s approval and the passing of the bonding bill. We will keep you posted!
Housing Infrastructure Bonds (HIB):
- $50M – Non-Restricted
- $30M – Restricted to Permanent Supportive Housing (for individuals with behavioral health needs)
- Senior Housing Eligible Use – 55+ (new use for HIB)
- Manufactured Housing Eligible Use (new use for HIB)
General Obligation Bonds (GO):
- $10M – Public Housing
- $30M – Mental Health Crisis Centers – (emergency shelter for individuals with behavioral health needs)
- $28.1M – Mental Health Crisis Centers Grant Program
- $1.9M – Scott County Crisis Center
TOTAL = $120M in #Bonds4Housing
- Our appropriation asks were not included in the Supplemental Budget Finance Bill. Provisions that were initially included: Homework Starts with Home and the Lead Paint Prevention Act.