My name is Carmel San Juan and I’m an intern with the Minnesota Coalition for the Homeless this semester. I’m registered to vote tomorrow — are you? Keep reading for more information and FAQs about voting in Minnesota.
We need your advocacy! Your vote matters.
Are you ready to vote this Tuesday, November 6th? The time is now, especially for our fight to increase affordable housing!
How to know if you’re registered to vote:
- The state of Minnesota allows you to register on Election Day, Tuesday, November 6th at your polling location. Remember to bring your State-Issue ID!
- More information on what forms of ID you can use.
- Find your polling location here.
Are you experiencing homelessness and don’t know what address to put on your registration?
- You can register to vote using the location/address of where you sleep.
- See details here to check whether you need to go to a polling location with someone who can confirm your address.
Don’t know who’s on your ballot?
Do you know about your voting rights?
- In Minnesota, state law requires employers to pay you for the time you need to vote (if it falls under your scheduled work time). Voting hours are from 7AM – 8PM.
- You can learn more about your voting rights laws here.
I hope to see you at the polls! Remember — your voice and vote matters. We need you to vote for more housing stability and affordable housing across the state.